Madzi Kuwala is the ideal lakeside retreat to enjoy with friends and family. Sleeping up to 13 people the villa has been tastefully furnished in a beach house style and is ideal for a party weekend as well as a retreat away from the hustle and bustle of town. Although the property is self catered their are staff at hand to help prepare meals and keep the house tidy. Madzi Kuwala has a private swimming pool and easy access to the beach and lake.
Located on the southern shore of Lake Malawi between Mangochi and Monkey Bay.
Location More Info
Hotel Address: Southern Lakeshore, Mangochi
From Lilongwe Airport
- Driving out of Lilongwe towards the airport, turn right onto the Salima road – M14. This is a large junction in the light industrial area on Lilongwe. At the junction there will be a Petroda petrol garage immediately on your righthand side.
- Drive along this road for approximately 86 km until you get to the M5 southbound junction. There is a sign post.
- Turn right – there is a Petroda Filling Station at the corner of this junction. There is an “Ice-cream Den” at the Petroda (which sells great soft serve ice-cream and has a clean toilet.)
- Drive down this road for approximately 77 km.
- You will pass the Chipoka turning on you left and go over 2 very distinctive wooden bridges along this road.
- You will also pass a white sign on the right hand side for Mua Mission Hospital approximately 60 kmalong this road. Just after the Mua Mission Hospital sign, there will be a road sign for Monkey Bay and a road on your left – DO NOT TAKE THIS ROAD. It is not in very good condition.
- You will pass the Dedza turn off on your right at approximately 75.5km on this road.
- Turn left onto a newly resurfaced road (Golomoti)
- When you reach the end of the Golomoti road, turn right in the direction of Mangochi.
- You will then see a dirt road on your left hand side with number of signs on the corner (for Standard Bank Cottage, Norman Carr Cottage and a small sign for Madzi Kuwala etc) – take this turning and follow the road to the very end (ignore the fork to the left for Norman Carr Cottage). Madzi Kuwala is the last cottage on the track.
- From Blantyre City Centre, take the Chirimba road as if going to Chileka Airport and drive staright over the roundabaout onto Zalewa Road.
- At Zalewa road block, drive about 5minutes till you reach a T-Junction, turn right on M1 road as if going to Lilongwe.
- Drive on the M1 road for about 1hour 30minutes till you reach another major road block known as Chingeni (Balaka)
- From Chingeni road block, take a left turn as if going to Lilongwe. Drive for about 10minutes till you reach a junction then turn right onto Salima Road.
- Drive for an hour and a half till you reach Golomoti Turn-Off (signposted), Turn right and this road goes to Monkey Bay. Drive about 70km till you reach Mangochi/Monkey Bay Junction, turn right as if going to Mangochi.
- Observe a dirt road with a number signpost on the left including one for Madzi Kuwala